Let me start by thanking, Wayne Woodman (Chairman) and the Lehigh County Republican Committee for joining our group in our efforts to bring sanity back to County Government. All the Sucklings on the County “T-T” were there. We packed the room to “standing room” only. About 180 people attended with “WE THE PEOPLE” holding the majority. WOW!!!!
The meeting started at 6:30 pm and ended at 11 pm. It was a long meeting. Some things were accomplished as a result. I will try to outline the meeting.
1. As expected, Commissioner Hensell attempted to restore and add, what ever he could to the Budget.
Increase the QOL Grant funds by 30,000 to 203,904 with transfer from the Gaming Fund Balance.
Vote: YES Hamm, Hansell,Dougherty
2. 75,000 of funding for the MORE for Children Program is restored with a transfer from the Gaming Fund Balance.
Vote: YES Dougherty,Hansell,Jones,Hamm
3. 75,000 of funding for the Composting Project is restored with a transfer from the Gaming Fund Balance. These funds are intended to enable the orderly transition of the site to local municipalities.
NO SECOND Defeated .
Please Note; Commissioner DOUGHERTY voted yes on 1 & 2 for additional spending. Please note that All monies for these amendments were taken from the Gaming Funds.
Commissioner Eckhart :
1. Non-bargaining unit employees are proposed to receive either a wage increase of 2% for employees at “step 8” or a 3% increase for employees eligible to move up a step. This eliminates those increases. 1,372,850 is removed from the budget with a tax impact of 960,995.
Vote YES Creighton,Dougherty,Eckhart,Roman
2. The Ending Fund Balance of Gaming Fund is reduced by 1,676,999 to $1. (to general fund to reduce tax increase and take away Commissioner Hensell”s piggy bank.)
Vote YES Creighton,Browing,Eckhart,Dougherty,Roman
Note; vote along party lines.
3.Eliminate 245,000 of operating funding to the LV Zoological Society. 80,000 remains to care for Elk/Bison.
NO SECOND Defeated
4.Eliminate the proposed General Services Manager position.
Vote: YES Creighton,Browning,Eckhart,Roman,Dougherty
lost count but, passed.
5.Eliminate two proposed Deputy Sheriff positions in the Warrants area.
Vote: YES Creighton,Eckhart,Browing,Hamm,Dougherty,Roman
The total allocation for Quality of Life Grants of 173,904 is eliminated.
Vote; YES Creighton,Eckhart,Roman,Browning,
Various capital projects are reduced or removed from the budget.
Vote; YES Creighton,Browning,Doughterty,Roman,Eckhart
Passed along party lines.
These all deal with the “Unions” and are subject to Collective Bargaining Process. The Commissioners are NOT involved in this process. In essence these are suggestions to the Administration and carry very little weight. All were passed on party lines.
YES Browning,Eckhart,Creighton, Dougherty,Roman
1.This amendment removes longevity pay for union employees w/o contracts.
2.This amendment removes “Step Increases” for union employees w/o contracts.
3.This amendment recommends that union agreements be negotiated without a “General Wage Increase” in 2011.
1.Step “8” of Pay Grades 28 and above is eliminated This reduces these salaries by 5% from the amount included in the 2011 budget. Step “8” of Pay Grade 27 is reduced. This reduces theses salaries by 2.5% from the amount included in the 2011 budget.
Vote; YES Creighton,Eckhart,Roman,Dougherty
- The Main Street Initiatives budget is eliminated with a savings of 154,446.
Vote; YES Creighton,Browning,Eckhart,Hamm,Dougherty,Roman
- The Stabilization Fund is reduced from 20 million to 15 million. 5 million is used to reduce the millage. (5/10th of a mill is 4,439,009.
- Vote; YES Roman,Creighton,Eckhart
The Tax Savings, if these changes are voted for in the revised budget would be, 1,322,152. 972,000 is from Capital Projects, some of which will be put back. The depleting of the Gaming Fund to the General fund would be a good start to reducing the Tax increase. This would also remove the “SLUSH FUND” fund for additional programs to be introduced.
Please Help, to pass the Budget with the amendments set forth. If the revised budget is not passed the original budget as set forth by the Administration becomes the 2011 Budget.
The First reading will take place on October 13th at 7pm at the Hearing room 17 W 7th Street Allentown.
We had a goo showing at the meeting on the 5th but, is is not done. We must keep up the fight. The “sucklings will be there to get whatever they can.
This is your new blog post. Click here and start typing, or drag in elements from the top bar.